Buyers and Sellers - this is a great post by Scott Godzyk. Although Scott is not in Boca Raton, FL the facts he writes about remain the same. In fact, I think they apply more so in Boca Raton FL as we are a resort area and oftentimes people are here visiting over holidays. Please take a few minutes and read this informative post if you are thinking of buying or selling your home.
Do you answer your phone when it rings? Who could be calling anyway? You posted an ad? You wrote a blog? You have listings in MLS? After all WHY would the phone ring? You may get the taste of sarcasm in there as you can not hear the tone of my voice, but WHY oh WHY don't all Real Estate Agents answer their phone?
It was the 4th of July, a summer Holiday we all look forward to, My office was closed but I was available for emails and calls just in case. I answered quite a few emails with questions on my new Listings. Then it came, a ring of the phone and I actually answered it. On the other end a panicked voice from an agent across the country with a client whose house they sold and was moving to my area. They are here in NH, want to see a house they want to buy and the listing agent did not answer their phone or emails for the last few days. She was so happy I answered my phone. I had to break the happiness by asking how she came to call me, it is not my listing after all.
ACTIVE RAIN... oh yes.. Another great reward for the hard work of writing a daiky blog that shows how hard I work...
So she got the buyer on the phone, i found the home in MLS, it was still listed as active. I tried the listing agents phone, email and the showing service. A real person, no not the agent but the showing service. Oh wait the listing agent has not uploaded any info on how to show it,
After a brief conversation I got a great idea of exactly what this buyer wanted such as location, condition, age, style, size and amenities. I have seen just the house. However Hurricane Arthur had arrived and it was pouring cats, dogs and buckets, Not a great evening to go see homes. However the buyer is only here 4 days, they want to find a home, put in an offer and get it accepted. It is cash they told me...
I reached the seller and despite the fact it was only an hour of that first call and monsoon rains, we got in the home. Offer typed, offer presented and fingers crossed for an answer anytime.
If you have any doubt that agents do not answer their phone, some may not but I DO. I have put together a simple recipe for both Home buyers and those who need help to get your home sold. Follow this along with pricing your home right, and the result can be a SOLD SIGN in your front yard.
THE TOP TIPS TO FIND A "GREAT" REAL ESTATE AGENT
1. LEARN THIS ONE FACT: One should know that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest Agent or Company. It is important to Hire the BEST Agent. In NH that could be me.
2. CHOOSE THE RIGHT AGENT: As a Buyer OR Seller in this market you need every advantage you can to get your home sold. It starts with choosing the right agent. a. Ask for a Full time agent whose sole job is to sell homes. b. Ask for a Full service agent who will guide you through each step of the selling process. Discount brokers often equal discount services. c. Ask for a Local agent who knows your neighborhood and is readily available when you need them is a must. Out of town agents can leave you high and dry in your time of need. d. Ask for a well experienced Listing Agent can give you the advantages you need when selling your home. Not all agents are created equal. Choose only the best.
3. HOME BUYERS SHOULD START BY: Getting a FREE PRE-QUALIFICATION with a local and trusted lender. They will look at your credit and financial picture and let you know what type of mortgage you may qualify for and what your interest rate and monthly payment may be.
4. HOME SELLERS SHOULD START BY: Getting a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS. Learn what your property is worth in today's market along with how ling it may take to sell. If you are ready to sell now, learn what you should ask for it. How much offers may come in at and what the approximate selling price should be. NH Home owners should contact me now.
IN SUMMARY the key to having a successful purchase or sale can increase simply choosing a better agent. The secret is that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest. I leave you with now infamous philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
Another reason that makes New Hampshire a great place to Live, Work and Play.
- About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 28 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2013, All rights reserved
By Email: Elyse@ElyseBerman.com
By Text - 561-716-7824
Cell - 561-716-7824
Elyse Berman, PA, CRS, ABR, GRI, e-PRO of Best Connections Realty, Inc. serving Boca Raton FL and the surrounding cities of Highland Beach, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lighthouse Point, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach and Hallandale Beach.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog should not be solely relied upon and should be independently verified by professional sources. The opinions expressed herein are solely mine.
All information is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. All statistical information was obtained from BMLS. Many articles may be time and date sensitive. Please be sure to look at the date it was posted.
No reproduction is permitted without the author's express permission.