If you are serious buyer looking for property in Boca Raton, Delray Beach or the surrounding areas, please take a few minutes and read this post by my fellow Realtor Greg Nino. Greg is a Realtor in Texas, but no matter, his post is right on target.
These are the reasons I work with Buyer Brokerage Agreements. We work as a team. You become my client, not my customer. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
1. You aren't approved.
2. You say approval is no biggie and that you'll get approved once you find the house you like and once you get a contract on your home.
3. You refuse to get approved because you feel it is unnecessary and only your business.
4. You say you are paying with cash but refuse to provide proof of funds before being shown houses.
5. You are unemployed, broke, & admit to having poor credit.
6. You are demanding, rude and borderline hostile (bad mouthing listing agents and other Realtors) while talking.
7. You refuse to meet first.
8. You refuse to sign a buyers rep agreement for any reason.
9. You have a Realtor who is out of town and you don't want to bother them.
10 You have a Realtor who is your friend and you're getting half the commission and you don't want to bother them TOO MUCH.
11. You are 6, 12, 24 or 86 months out from buying. "You're just curious."
12. You are in jail and stole access to a computer. (making sure you're reading.)
13. You are a Realtor. YES, this happens.
14. You are an attorney who wishes to represent himself AND who wants to view properties all around town. This has happened, believe it!
15. You are looking to spend $10,000.00 on $100,000 homes or for homes that are priced .50 on the dollar. NO THANKS. And you want to submit 20 offers at once.
16. You believe the stars, energy fields, vibrations and colors of the cosmos will guide you through the buying process.
17. You are unrealistic in anyway fashion or form and refuse to take advice and suggest that Realtors are just key turners.
18. You expect agents to drop what they're doing and show you any house withing a 1 hour window.
19. You expect agents to show you houses the same day you call.
20. You expect agents to show you houses in 3 or more parts of the city.
21. You call yourself a cash buyer, but your funds are overseas locked away in some investment account that might take weeks if not months to get.
22. You are hostile and rude.
23. You lie about having a Realtor.
24. You are a FRIEND or RELATIVE or ANYONE other than the actual buyer.
25. You want to go see homes at odd and ridiculous hours or during the rain.
26. As soon as we answer the phone you ask for 1/2 our check.
27. As soon as we answer the phone you ask for all of our check because you have a cheaper home to sell.
It can be so much easier if you simply retain the services of a Realtor IMMEDIATELY rather than 7 months down the road. Communicate with an agent - keep them at bay and let them know the process will progress at YOUR PACE. Build a rapport, relationship and expectation with a REALTOR. Driving around yanking flyers and calling listing agents for access is a TERRIBLE idea. NOBODY likes this, not even you. If an agent is willing to work with you the entire time then they are WORTH their pay.If you are SERIOUS about buying you'll get pre-approved or provide proof of funds. Gasoline is expensive and so are so many other aspects of our business. Our TIME is probably the most valuable commodity we own. We aren't obligated to show anyone houses at anytime unless it fits what's best for us or our sellers.
Our fiduciary responsibility is to "our client."You can become a client by signing a buyers representation agreement and consummating your relationship with your favorite REALTOR.
Everyone else is a customer, tire-kicker or wanna-be buyer.
Clients are treated just as fairly as customers, but clients get treated better. It's that simple. There's no productive reason to not want to be a client. If you don't like the process or are becoming impatient with looking than you need to find an agent that will make you happy. Read what you sign and be aggressive about finding the right agent. Do it right the first time and preserve YOUR time, too.
The information contained in this blog is believed to be reliable and while every effort is made to assure that the information is as accurate as possible, the author of this blog, and its comments disclaim any implied warranty or representation about it's accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for any particular purpose. All information is copywritten and the property of Greg Nino.
By Email: Elyse@ElyseBerman.com
By Text - 561-716-7824
Cell - 561-716-7824
Elyse Berman, PA, CRS, ABR, GRI, e-PRO of Best Connections Realty, Inc. serving Boca Raton FL and the surrounding cities of Highland Beach, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington, Deerfield Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Lighthouse Point, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach and Hallandale Beach.
style="margin-top: 15px;">Disclaimer: The information contained in this blog should not be solely relied upon and should be independently verified by professional sources. The opinions expressed herein are solely mine.
All information is deemed accurate but not guaranteed. All statistical information was obtained from BMLS. Many articles may be time and date sensitive. Please be sure to look at the date it was posted.
No reproduction is permitted without the author's express permission.